FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE 13th HOLLYWOOD BLACK FILM FESTIVAL
PRESS ACCREDITATION NOW OPEN
BEVERLY HILLS – Aug. 13, 2013 – The 13th Hollywood Black Film Festival (HBFF) opened online press accreditation today. Applications are available to SUBMIT ONLINE HERE and will be accepted until Friday, September 16. Any press wishing to cover the 5-day event held October 2-6, 2013 should apply for accreditation and will be contacted with more details.
Dubbed “The Black Sundance,” HBFF is an annual 5-day celebration of black cinema drawing together established and rising filmmakers, popular film and television stars, writers, industry executives, emerging filmmakers/writers/actors and diverse audiences from Southern California and around the world. Attracting such stars and industry insiders as Academy Award® winners Sidney Po itier and Forest Whitaker, John Singleton, Bill Duke, George Singleton, Cedric The Entertainer, Ice-T, Anthony Anderson, Blair Underwood, Sanaa Lathan, Rockmond Dunbar and Loretta Devine, the festival has become a hotbed for the Black Hollywood community.
Press Accreditation Criteria
Access to the Hollywood Black Film Festival is open to international, national and local media that provide coverage of the independent film business, film festivals and meet the following criteria:
- Staff and freelance reporters/editors from all media whose print publication/online services are generally known to filmmakers, distributors, buyers and/or other members of the independent film community attending HBFF.
- Credentialed news reporters and crews affiliated with international, national and local television and radio outlets.
- Staff and freelance reporters/editors for global print and/or online-only websites, which are generally known to filmmakers, distributors, buyers and/or other members of the independent film community attending HBFF.
- Established entertainment blogs that are generally known to filmmakers, distributors, buyers attending AFM. Blogs require a minimum of 2,000 unique monthly visitors (via Compete.com web analytics) in order to be approved for press credentials.
- Photographers for photo agencies with work regularly appearing in entertainment print publications and on online outlets.
- Only commercial news organizations qualify as media outlets. Personal web site, blog, vlog or specialty enewsletter writers/editors will not be accredited as press.
IMPORTANT MEDIA DATES:
● August 13: Press accreditation opens
● August 26: Tickets go on sale
● September 16: Press accreditation closes
● September 8: Accreditation notifications released and will continue on a rolling basis
● October 2-6: 13th Hollywood Black Film Festival
RED CARPET DATES:
● October 2: Opening Night at the Montalban
● October 6: Closing Night at the Montalban
● Follow: @HBFF
● Hashtag: #HBFF2013
● Facebook: hollywoodblackfilmfestival
● YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hlywdblackff